Wooters Watagans Not-a-Race 2020
Wooters Runners are back in 2020 to hold the 'Not-a-Race' to emulate race conditions in an event 4 weeks out from the UTA. It's a good time for people to get out for their longest run, as well as test out gear and nutrition plans. The aim is to have everyone around to enjoy training together. Come along to run, volunteer, cheer or just hang out!
We're still working on the details after all the good feedback provided last year - mainly we'll make sure the signs are bigger and better!
One aspect that has changed is that we are needing to charge $25pp for the event. These funds will go towards meeting the costs of event permits from both State Forestry and National Parks; event equipment, signage, food and drink; as well as meeting the cost of Wooters Runners Inc’s own Public liability insurance. This does not include personal accident insurance and it is therefore recommended you take out your own personal accident and ambulance cover for the event.
The fee also covers the $10 Wooters membership, as we need each runner to be a member of the club for insurance purposes. Existing paid members will receive a $10 discount on the ticket price when they are logged in with their account.
If anyone has concerns about this, or other ideas to cover the costs please get in touch with the team. We're hopeful that event is still valuable at this price, even without receiving a medal - cos it's not a race
- 20km (7am start): Sugarloaf to Checkpoint 1 return - https://www.strava.com/routes/12650757
- 40km (6:30am start): Sugarloaf to Checkpoint 1, out to Wakefield RFS return, to Servo, up Heaton for 1km, then back to Sugarloaf (skip Wakefield on way back) - https://www.strava.com/routes/12650397
- 60km (5:00am start): Same as 40km but keep going to bottom of Mt Faulk Rd - https://www.strava.com/routes/12650955
Offline Phone Map
The best way to view the map is using the Avenza PDF Map app - find out how it works.
- Start & Finish: Mount Sugarloaf (lots of parking, BBQs, toilets)
- Checkpoint 1: Open area where you can turn to wakefield or to servo (about 10km from Sugarloaf) (used at 10km, 18km, 30km, 50km)
- Turnaround 1: Wakefield RFS (14km)
- Checkpoint 2: Servo (23km, 45km)
- Turnaround 2: 1km up Heaton (for 40km racers)
- Checkpoint 3: Mountain Bike Entrance on Mt Faulk Rd (34km)
- Volunteers and a first aid person will be at checkpoint 1 and 2.
- There will be lots of water (ideally taps similar to UTA so people can practice filling up bottles, etc), lollies and fruit on tables.
- Sign posts should be at major turns to help guide you.
- Event bibs for runners will be provided on the day when you check in.
Lot 7023 Mt Sugarloaf Rd
West Wallsend NSW 2286