Wooters Watagans Not-a-Race 2023
The Wooters Watagans Not-a-Race is back in 2023 to emulate race conditions in an event just a few short weeks out from the UTA. It's a good time for people to get out for their longest run, as well as test out gear and nutrition plans. The aim is to have everyone around to enjoy training together. Come along to run, volunteer, cheer or just hang out!
There is a $19.95 registration fee per runner for our existing paid members (make sure you're logged when you register in to see this price) and $35 for non-members. These funds go towards meeting the costs of event permits from both State Forestry and National Parks; and the event equipment, signage, food and drink.
For non-members, the registration fee includes an amount equivalent to the Wooters Runners Inc club membership, as we need to cover the club's insurance costs which are calculated per participant (whether member or non-member).
- 60km (5:00am start): Same as 40km but keep going to bottom of Mt Faulk Rd - https://www.strava.com/routes/12650955
- 40km (6:30am start): Sugarloaf to Checkpoint 1, out to Wakefield RFS return, to Servo, up Heaton for 1km, then back to Sugarloaf (skip Wakefield on way back) - https://www.strava.com/routes/12650397
- 20km (7am start): Sugarloaf to Checkpoint 1 return - https://www.strava.com/routes/12650757
The Runner Briefing will be emailed to all registrants prior to the event, and can also be viewed here: Wooters Watagans Not-a-Race Runner Briefing
Offline Phone Map
The best way to view the map is using the Avenza PDF Map app - find out how it works.
- Start & Finish: Mount Sugarloaf (lots of parking, BBQs, toilets)
- Checkpoint 1: Open area where you can turn to wakefield or to servo (about 10km from Sugarloaf) (used at 10km, 18km, 30km, 50km)
- Turnaround 1: Wakefield RFS (14km)
- Checkpoint 2: Servo (23km, 45km)
- Turnaround 2: 1km up Heaton (for 40km runners)
- Turnaround 3: Mountain Bike Entrance on Mt Faulk Rd (34km - for 60km runners)
For live results on the event day, and to see event results immediately after finishing, click the button below:
- Volunteers and a first aid person will be at checkpoint 1 and 2.
- There will be lots of water (ideally taps similar to UTA so people can practice filling up bottles, etc), Coke (but bring your own soft cup), lollies and fruit on tables.
- Sign posts should be at major turns to help guide you.
- Event bibs for runners will be provided on the day when you check in.
Lot 7023 Mt Sugarloaf Rd
West Wallsend NSW 2286