Wooters Watagans Not-a-Race
Wooters Runners hold the 'Not-a-Race' each year in April to emulate race conditions in an event just a few short weeks out from the UTA. It's a good time for people to get out for their longest run, as well as test out gear and nutrition plans. The aim is to have everyone around to enjoy training together. Come along to run, volunteer, cheer or just hang out!
Results from this year's event on 10th April 2022
- 60km (5:00am start): Same as 40km but keep going to bottom of Mt Faulk Rd - https://www.strava.com/routes/12650955
- 40km (6:30am start): Sugarloaf to Checkpoint 1, out to Wakefield RFS return, to Servo, up Heaton for 1km, then back to Sugarloaf (skip Wakefield on way back) - https://www.strava.com/routes/12650397
- 20km (7am start): Sugarloaf to Checkpoint 1 return - https://www.strava.com/routes/12650757
Offline Phone Map
The best way to view the map is using the Avenza PDF Map app - find out how it works (NOTE: You have to download the map first).
- Start & Finish: Mount Sugarloaf (lots of parking, BBQs, toilets)
- Checkpoint 1: Open area where you can turn to wakefield or to servo (about 10km from Sugarloaf) (used at 10km, 18km, 30km, 50km)
- Turnaround 1: Wakefield RFS (14km)
- Checkpoint 2: Servo (23km, 45km)
- Turnaround 2: 1km up Heaton (for 40km runners)
- Turnaround 3: Mountain Bike Entrance on Mt Faulk Rd (34km - for 60km runners)
- Volunteers and a first aid person will be at checkpoint 1 and 2.
- There will be lots of water (ideally taps similar to UTA so people can practice filling up bottles, etc), Coke (but bring your own soft cup), lollies and fruit on tables.
- Sign posts should be at major turns to help guide you.
- Event bibs for runners will be provided on the day when you check in.